Saturday 10 January 2009

Walking by the river

Thursday morning was beautiful even though this freezing weather continues.... I went for a walk by the river, where we used to play as children. I haven't walked that way for years. I found some pieces of pottery and glass which had been washed into one bit of shingle and I spent about 20 minutes trying to get one piece I wanted out of the frozen ground. This bit of river is downstream from where the two old "pop factories" (as we called them) once stood and these broken bits must have been thrown into the river from there 100 years ago. I love the way the sun shines through this bit of broken bottle. The edges of the river were still frozen even though it must have been about midday when I took these photos.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good photographer. It must be the artist's eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails