Monday 26 January 2009

How much???!!!

I made this card for a friend in Denmark who collects stories written by the author Rosamunde Pilcher and were published in Woman & Home magazine in the 50s & 60s. We both collect the mags and I had 6 to send to her today. I expected to pay around £12-15 postage but it was £28.99!! I nearly died! I could probably have flown there to deliver them for less!

I've had rather a miserable weekend with a heavy cold and spent most of it knitting by the fire - which gave me a chance to finish the lap blanket for my sister. I made one for my Mum for Christmas and she's used it a lot during this cold weather. I bought 2 cones of this yarn in a charity shop some years ago and until now never found the right thing to make with it. I'm very pleased with they way they've turned out. I used my favourite Addi circular needles. The gathering bands stop the blanket constantly falling off your knees. Lovely to cuddle up with. On to the next project....

1 comment:

  1. my goodness!! how were they taking them there, in a gold-lined envelope!! Postal charges really take the mick don't they!!
    I hope you're feeling a bit better now, love the blanket :)

    (how are your 20 for $20 coming on?)

    xxLynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails