Wednesday 24 August 2011

Christmas Corner

I've started my Christmas Pinterest board and made today my version of this sweet folksy felt tree so that I can have a Christmas Corner on my table at the Craft Fair this Saturday. I know, I know, most people groan and complain when they see Christmas stuff come into the shops at this time of year, but we crafters know this is the time to start our preparations if we don't want to be gift-making until dawn during the last frantic days of Christmas week - tell me about it, I'm there most years!
As you can see I utilised that cute pyramid favor box again for the base of my tree as I couldn't find anything else suitable lying around the house. And then I thought how excellent this would be as an advent calender - make 24 numbered trees with the advent treat inside and line them up over the fireplace, on a sideboard or in a window. I'd love to do this but there's nobody in the family to make a calender for - so if anyone reading this has the same idea and does make one, I'd LOVE to see.
I'm hoping to have time to make some more Christmas peg fairies, snowmen and angels for the weekend - but as usual time is again running out and my Christmas Corner will probably be very small! But I hope to have some tags and cards on sale. I'll report back!

Oops! Edit! You are right Mrs A - I did mean the Advent treats would go INSIDE the pyramid boxes!

4 comments:

  1. Love your little tree. The idea of an advent calendar is a great idea. Not sure how to put the gift inside though unless you use the base. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Ann - here to I am knee deep in rustic Christmas papers and stamps. I LOVE your button Christmas tree - looks top notch - I bet everyone will come buy and swoon over it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tree and love your idea for making them for an Advent count down. Just now getting around blogland and to all the hundreds of posts out there. Hope you have shown your Christmas peg fairies on another post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore that tree and those little tags. Great goodies, Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails