Tuesday 27 April 2010

A Very Pink Post

I don't often get the chance to make a baby card and don't have many baby stamps in my collection - this seemed to be the only contender when Mum asked me to make a card for a new family baby girl yesterday. An excuse for more stamp shopping?? But this is a cute image and can be coloured to suit a girl or boy (or in a neutral colour) - its from a retired Stampin' Up set I think. The gingham background stamp is from Darkroom Door and I used this vintage baby ribbon I've been hoarding as it perfectly matched the Tattered Rose Distress Ink.

Did you notice the bunting decoration on the card's envelope? I copied Cathe Holden's clever idea for a homemade roller stamp - here it is on her blog Just Something I Made. The roller I found at our local ironmongers was plastic not wooden like Cathe's and I had difficulty gluing the rubber strip to it but when I tried double sided tape it worked very well.

I've been looking for one of these flower arranger's pinholders to hold my cards for photographing and found this lovely old version complete with its original box on ebay. I've seen quite a few being used on crafty blogs and apparently they are called Florist Frogs - I'm very pleased with my find.

I can't have a post without a garden update - so here are some photos I took yesterday. It was a good day for butterflies - I saw the Comma, Orange Tip, Meadow Brown and this lovely Holly Blue. And I give you some more pink - the Apple Blossom is just about to break and the buds are a beautiful rose colour. The Pear is already out and is a lovely pearly white. The Plum trees are usually the first to blossom at the bottom of the garden but there was very little on the trees this year and I don't think there is much fruit to come. They are probably recovering after the huge crop they produced last year - I've still got a couple of boxes of plums in the freezer waiting to be made into plum crumble!

5 comments:

  1. What a CUTE baby card! I love how you crafted it. That little butterfly is so darling...haven't seen any yet. But I am getting excited! Each year we buy flowers and shrubs specifically to attract butterflies to our yard. We usually see the most fantastic swallowtails! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Ann! Love your garden photos too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! you have the picture of a Papillon Bleu in a tree! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!! That's the first time I've seen anyone make the rubber stamp roller since I posted it. BRAVO! And the double stick tape is a great idea. Thank you very much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo... your card is so adorable. I love the background stamp you used. It is just perfect!

    Ann, thank you for sharing these precious pictures. BTW... I love to taste your plum crumble. Umm.. sound so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails