Sunday 12 September 2010

Oh I do love to be beside the seaside!

Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!

Where the brass bands play: "Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"

So just let me be beside the seaside

I'll be beside myself with glee

For there's lots of boys besides,

I should like to be beside

Beside the seaside!

Beside the sea!


There's nowhere quite like the British seaside. I was born in a seaside town and maybe that's why I can't keep away from the water's edge if I'm nearby, the sky is blue and the sun warm.

The sun came out late afternoon yesterday at the end of a shopping trip to Llandudno, and even if we were dressed for the shops instead of the beach, our walk back to the car along the seashore was most enjoyable.

Do you remember the excitement of being chased by the waves when you were very small?

2 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky girl! I am hours away from the ocean, and though our great lake Erie is a big one, sadly, it doesn't compare. Love your pictures and so glad you had a day on the beach. I'll have to wait until early in 2011 before I get to be on one again.......but it is definitely worth the wait (Gulf Coast of Florida) Hugs, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pix, Ann! Your day at the beach and shopping sounds fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails