Sunday 4 October 2009

Sunflowers - my Mexican Challenge

Papertrey's WCMD Challenge 2 with a Mexican theme worried me a bit until I "Googled" it and read that recently it has been discovered that the Mexicans grew sunflowers either 2000 or 4000 years ago depending which theory you read. So what an excellent opportunity to try my new Autumn Abundance stamps. When I think of Mexico pink and orange come to mind so I've used those colours for a special card to send my youngest sister on her birthday later this month.

I've grown sunflowers quite successfully this year and although most of the flowers have finished now they are developing lots of lovely seedheads ready for the birds to feed on over the winter months when food gets scarce for them. I've been feeding the garden birds for many years and I know they absolutely love sunflower seeds. I took this photo when the sun was behind these two sunflowers, exaggerating their lovely dark red colour.

1 comment:

  1. Fun bead elements. Fabulous job on the Mexico challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails