Thursday, 11 October 2012
I've been enjoying myself experimenting with crochet motifs recently and finished my snowflake garland last week. I wanted to see whether spray starch would improve the look of the motifs and tried it out today. It was fairly successful I think - all my snowflakes are now staying flat, but we'll see how long they stay like that.
I also tried some larger single motifs that would be suitable for Christmas decorations. Starching them was a bit more successful as I used quite fine crochet cotton, however I crocheted the heart pattern in Lyscordet, which is a little thicker than the cotton and has a nice sheen. Starching it has turned it rather flat and the stitches are not so defined so I think I preferred it unstarched.
here. Victoria calls them Swedish Hearts and once you've learned the pattern they are quite quick to make.
And just in case you were wondering, Jess has settled in quite nicely thankyou. She's found the warm spot by the radiator that my old cats loved so much.