Friday 4 May 2012

One Swallow.........


........ doesn't make a summer, I know, but yesterday from a back window in the small hotel where I work I heard and then saw the Swallows were back.  Their excited twittering reminds me long summer evening will soon be here.

These Swallows have nested in the semi-derelict building next door to the hotel for some years but since last summer it has been renovated and they have lost their nest site - but there are plenty of other suitable places nearby.  The miracle of migration never fails to amaze and delight me.


I don't have any swallow stamps but this is a favourite image from one of my copyright free books.  Just had time to make a quick card with it this morning to mark the occasion.  I don't think this little girl needs any embellishment so I just added a sentiment and some copic colouring.

I've very little time at home at the moment as my Mum is not at all well and I'm at her house until 10.30 pm every night.  So I don't have much time to myself and hardly any for visiting my favourite crafters' blogs to comment.  I hope one day soon things will get back to normal but in the meantime I send you all my apologies for being so quiet - I haven't forgotten you.

3 comments:

  1. I did not spot them here but I hope to see them soon. they always have a nest in the barn.....
    Hope your mother is not too bad. Take good care of yourself, working and staying at your mum's house till late ....You really have to take care..... Eat healthy and take a walk to empty your head!!
    Hugs Baukje
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,
    Hope your mum feels better soon. She is lucky that you can care for her and live close by too. Our swallows showed up just this Friday too. It is such a delight to see them. They must be hardy souls thought because snow is still in the forecast but it does melt quickly at this time of the year. Lovely card! Many times simple can be very beautiful. Take care of yourself and don't fret about getting around to other blogs. Happy to visit when you can share things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Ann, saw my first swallow too - loved it, because it sings 'summer is coming' - although, we had snow today, dooh winter again in May :((
    Love your card, somtimes we need fast cards - and the beautiful sentiment just matches perfect with te girl, just like the rounded corner!
    Hope you mum is getting better soon and you will have some time for your self again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails