Monday 18 January 2010

New Year Resolution

My crafty New Year's Resolution is to try to be more creative. I often see wonderful techniques demonstrated in "blogdom" I would love to try but never seem to get round to it - two of my absolute favourite creative stampers are Jennifer McGuire and Stamping Mathilda (aka Godelieve). If you don't already know them you should definitely visit.

So here is my first attempt at a couple of techniques I've seen on Jennifer's blog recently - using Distress inks with a Ranger Ink Blending Tool and clear embossing. The stamps I've used are from Darkroom Door. I love the things Godelieve does with their stamps so just had to have a set myself. This one is called Wildflower.

Apologies for the blurry photo - its that pencam again! I so miss my digital camera - its just a very basic inexpensive model bought from Argos and is a few years old now, but it does the job efficiently. Can you imagine having to use a film camera - waiting for photos to be developed and then scanning them in! How times have changed... I still have my lovely Olympus Trip though, bought many years ago in a charity shop, and the flash unit which belonged to my father; but I can't remember the last time I used it and the unopened rolls of film I have are marked process before 2006!

3 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic card!!! I love the colors that you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The card is really pretty! "Just do it" is my motto and I've come out with some atrocities sometimes but being craetive for me means to not be afraid of what i come up with! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL old Camera... those were the days my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails