Thursday 6 September 2012

Folksy Stocktaking


My Folksy shop has been sadly neglected this year - I hadn't even visited it lately.  And when I did visit this week I was embarrassed to find I'd last added stock in February!  I really must be a better shopkeeper.  I remember reading some advice from a very successful seller who thought it essential to tweak her shop every day!  I don't think I'll be doing that but I will try to get something listed every week from now on as the season for buying gifts is about to begin.  I made a couple of my felt brooches today - I do so enjoy making them.  The felt is lovely to sew with and cuts really well with papercrafting dies.  Now I just need a bit of inspiration for my next additions to the shelves!  Anyone care so share their best seller ideas?

8 comments:

  1. I love these sweet little felt brooches Ann, on my favourite PTI stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little brooches Ann. Thanks for your comment on my blog and please don't apologise about the crochet mat - I was joking honestly! I do have a mat but mainly to cover a mark on the woodwork on top of the chest of drawers but I agree with you about those "duchess sets" people used to have with the glass candlesticks brush, comb and mirror sets and all but each to his own I guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a shop (yet) but I'm sure that yours will be a big hit if you keep updating it weekly with cute little whimsical brooches like these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely brooches and presentation cards too! I can't give advice regarding folksy as I don't know enough about it. I have an etsy shop called pootlingwithpaper. Over at etsy there are many 'teams' that you can join and they give advice on all different aspects of your shop and products and what kinds of things sell. I would imagine that seasonal products do well, autumn themed, halloween, Christmas etc. Over at etsy they recommend that you keep your shop well-stocked as people are more likely to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brooches always make me smile Ann! They always are so sweet and look so cute on your hand stamped button cards. Your folksy shop has so many cute things but I think the teapot brooch is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I just adore what you've done with Country Charm! They make such scrumptious, little backdrops for those darling, felt pins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute flet pieces, and I love the cards you have put them on. xx Petra

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, these are so cute ... and so is your blog ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails