Tuesday 3 April 2012

A Japanese Season in Wales


The long awaited Japanese exhibition opened at our local craft centre this week and I managed a quick visit on my way home today.

The main exhibition gallery is looking pretty spectacular - lengths of beautiful textiles hung in human form from the ceiling surrounding a gigantic washi paper lantern.  I'm never sure whether photographs are permitted here but I managed to sneek a couple when no one was looking! 

My visit today had to be quick but I'll definitely be going again - not least because there are lots of interesting events planned and a delicious looking pop-up shop.  I couldn't resist a couple of teeny purchases today - a set of 12 beautiful postcards and a cute little washi paper bunny notepad with matching envelopes. 

If you live within striking distance of North East Wales I'd definitely recommend making the effort to take a look.  There's plenty of information on the website http://www.japanseasonwales.com/.  And its on till 24th June, so no need to rush either.


1 comment:

  1. WOW, lovely and all those teacups........ I already have a lot of japanese teacups, they are so subtile, their colors are beautiful, what to say more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails