But to be honest I struggled to transfer the design as I could only think of scanning the working image and then using dressmakers carbon paper to trace it onto my fabric. This didn't work too well and really I ended up copying the image freehand with just a few lines visible here and there for reference. However I'm quite pleased with the end product - the first embroidered picture I've completed in a long long time.
My next project is to be the applique picture A Day in Autumn you can see in the photo. Luckily the transfer is still in this magazine but I've also discovered iron on transfer pens - WHAT! I'd never even heard of them before! I could only find a basic version in my local craft shop but I'm really excited by the prospect of being able to transfer any design I like onto fabric.
I'm spending much time at my Mum's house at the moment - away from my papercrafting supplies and laptop, so I've lots of time to get back into needlecrafts again. I really need to practise my stitching as close inspection of my picture has revealed a lack of attention to detail! Must try harder as my teacher used to write on my reports!