Saturday 17 July 2010

My Whimsy Jar Swap

Got up early this morning to finally post my Whimsy Jar swap - apologies to my lovely swap partner Valerie for taking SO long to do it. The swap was organised by Jessica at Kids napping? I'm scrapping. I've been a follower for some time and always drooled over the pretty things on her blog so when she invited international readers to join a swap I jumped at the chance and crossed my fingers for a swapper from the UK.

And look what Valerie sent me! Don't you wish you'd joined in too! I just love that little pin cushion, and that gorgeous felt flower that acts as the lid. I don't know what Valerie has done but it all has a wonderful floral scent. I was really touched to find Valerie had obviously read my blog and put things in my jar to fit in with my love of sewing and gardening and I just look at the lovely glass painting she has created on the glass vase. Its beautiful! Of course I've already thanked her profusely but want to do it again here - thanks so much Valerie for such a beautiful gift.

And here's the jar I sent to Valerie. We had to give Jessica a list of our likes and dislikes and I had a lovely list to work from: pastel colours, lace, buttons, flowers, so it was easy to fill. What was difficult was squashing everything in but the Bon Maman jar I used was a good size (don't you just love those jars - I never throw them away).

I found this lovely vintage hand crocheted doily in a local charity shop and being a papercrafter I couldn't resist including some tags and die cuts to my "filling". I bought some little wooden bobbins to wind my lace and ribbon on to and crocheted some flowers in pastel colours. I do hope Valerie will find some use for these bits and bobs.

I wish I'd taken some better photos of my jar - but as usual I was last minute and it was a very cloudy day again! I hope I can join in another swap soon - thanks to Jessica for hosting this one.

2 comments:

  1. A whimsey jar - what a charming name! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankou so much for being my swap partner. I just love the jar that you did for me. I am at my daugthers for a few days now but have forwarded my pictures in e-mails to her so that I can keep blogging whilst with her. Now why didn't I think of putting the little dragonfly on the top of the jar when I took photos!!! Will do my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails