Friday 14 June 2013

Saffron's Garland

A rainy day and a chance to finish the garland I've been making for a work colleague's new baby daughter, Saffron.  Daddy is a chef so its a very appropriate name - and very pretty too.  I haven't yet found a way to photograph garlands satisfactorily but a lull in the heavy showers gave me a chance to hang the garland outside in the yew tree. 

I used the Die-namics Baby Onesie die - we called them babygrows in my day - and spelt out the baby's name in a saffron yellow polka dot print using alphabet dies.  Strung on thick cotton pink and white bakers twine and spaced with natural wooden beads, this was a fairly quick project once I'd decided what to make - so I don't know why its taken me so long to get it finished!

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative Ann and never fail to inspire me! I am sure Saffron's mum and dad will be delighted with the garland. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and really special for the new parents. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails