Tuesday 7 February 2012

Make-it-Monday #52































Its months since I've joined in a challange! However I really like this week's Make it Monday video at Papertrey Ink. Erin showed us how to make an embellishment by stamping both sides of a die cut. Great idea and dead easy!

Like a few other crafters, I decided to use butterflies on my project as I've got the die to match the stamp set, and as the images are symetrical its easy to stamp both sides.  I used glue dots to shape the butterflies and added blue metalic thread for the anntenae.  Err, yes I know the sideways butterflies are insideout! - but they looked much better that way round.  I'll definitely use this technique again.

As I sit here typing the sun is shining through the narrow gap between the two houses opposite onto the little sprig of catkins I picked on a walk last week. I notice they have opened in the warmth of the room and dropped their pollen. 

You can see it here - that pale yellow dust on the rim of the glass.

Its very cold today and I fear the birds and animals will have to endure another long freezing night tonight.  I do hope they have found enough to eat during the day to get them through.  Even so, "my" birds are still picky and have ignored the pink fruit suet block I put out over a week ago.  Perhaps they don't like the colour!  Its supposed to be just what robins and blackbirds need at this time of year - but I don't think anyone has told them!  Even the Thrush has turned his beak up. 
Can you see he has upsidedown hearts on his breast!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Dreams; Friends Til the End, Think Big Favorites; + Butterfly die

6 comments:

  1. What a fab technique on your card, giving fab results too! You did make me chuckle talking about the birds too, I give up putting out any fat balls as they just turn hairy! Fussy the ole birds round our way apparently so I decided to chuck a couple of pieces of bread out yesterday... except the dog spent all day barking to go out so he could eat it! lol!
    Keep warm, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is do pretty. The colors are just gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Ann, I really should play along with the MIM's - just to try out new techniques but I'm such a lazy stamper! Beautiful photos as always, still can't believe you haven't got a fancy pants camera :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my MIM post! LOVE how you colored the butterflies, and left the flowers plain. Gives great focus to the gorgeous butterflies. And the metallic thread give it a nice, understated bling. Love incorporating non-paper items on a card. Very striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are lovely. And your bird photo is GORGEOUS. You have a very good eye for colors .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up with your blog. Love this card and what a great idea to stamp the reverse - now what can I use that with?
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails