Thursday 13 October 2011

Just a little something

I've really taken to Erin Lincoln's idea of re-using cereal box-type card and die cuts to make small chipboard accents or decorations. It appeals to my fondness for recycling and for fiddling about with bits of card, stamps and ink. So I'm scrutinising everything I put in my recycling box at the moment in case its suitable for running through my long suffering Cuttlebug.
I'm in the middle of Christmas tree decorations at the moment but also thought these little chipboard shapes could be perfect small 'thank you' tokens to fit inside the PTI lunchbox note. This one is to go with one of my lavender scented hanging birds sold from my Folksy shop today. I'm going to enjoy trying out other shapes.

The vintage sewing machine on the front of the note is another old letterpress block I acquired recently. Its just right to accompany a sewn item.

Supplies: Papertrey Ink: Lunch Box Note die; Heart Prints stamp set and matching dies; Limitless Layers dies 

7 comments:

  1. These are really pretty.Can hardly believe that they started life as cereal boxes. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable, Ann. You did a lovely job creating something so pretty from something so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try this cereal box lark! Love the vintage sewing machine - what a great find. You would never guess these lovely items came from the recycling.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those vintage sewing machine is so cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab ornament, love the little envelope too. I've been eyeing my boxes too recently, my kids eat cheerios, and we get the very large boxes, it does seem a shame to waste them. I may try this myself, and it will save on some pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such a good idea Ann and I love the bird peeping from behind the note! I've been wondering about getting this die for a while but you've made me add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails