Wednesday 15 December 2010

A 1950s Christmas

As I what I've been up to recently is mostly Christmas 'top secret' stuff and can't be shown here, I thought I would do a scrapbook page to at least have something new for you to see. This time of year always makes me think of the past and the happy times we had as children. Here we are circa 1956 posing for our Dad with some of our new toys - Dad made the school desk for us and we played with it for years after. I just love these doodled Christmas lights from Jenni Dipzinski at 2Peas in a Bucket. They remind me so much of the lights we had on our Christmas tree at that time and are perfect for this page. Do you remember how exciting it was when the tree arrived and at last Christmas really was nearly here? Of course in those days we didn't start Christmas in September as it seems we do now, and the tree and decorations didn't go up until a couple of days before Christmas Day. Here we are again a year later with our tree and me in the nurse uniform Father Christmas kindly brought me!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous, nostalgic look at Christmases past. I always wanted a desk to play school on. I love those light stamps too Ann. I'm intrigued by your 'top secret' activities though!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab pictures - I love the layout you did too. Very envious of that gorgeous dolly you had back then.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A photo with me on - hurrah! Mum's hair looks very red as does mine. Presume this is Rhyl so I don't remember it at all but we all look adorable, especially me!!!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails