Thursday 27 May 2010

Granny's Bonnet and Shawl

Its months since I've even logged on to Ravelry, let alone added anything to my page but I might just show off my latest project as I really like the way it turned out. Ysolda Teague's Damson shawl is perfect for my Mum as she has taken to wearing the lap blanket I made last year round her shoulders and of course as its a blanket it keeps falling off - but this little shawl is the perfect size and should stay put when she wears it. Its knitted from top to bottom on a circular needle and I used a ball of sock yarn I've been hoarding for a couple of years. I liked the finished project so much I started another straight away!

And to go with the granny shawl, the garden is absolutely full of granny's bonnets at the moment - Aquilegia. It self-seeds all over the place and is such a fabulous plant at this time of year I let it go wherever it wants to - only pulling it up from the paths.

As usual they have crossed with eachother and produced some gorgeous blue, purple, white and violet bonnets - I think this is my favourite this year.

3 comments:

  1. What lovely garden images! I knit, and I adore Ysolda's patterns. Your shawl is looking amazing. Have a wonderful weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shawl Ann. I have never heard Aquilegias called Grannys bonnets but can see why they would be. I am the same with mine letting them seed wherever and I have some far flung ones this year. They are one of my favourite flowers, sweet williams I think are my fav but I have never grown them.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, it's lovely to see your Aquilegia's in bloom again! Sadly mine have gone over now, but at least they survived to onslaught this year - as did the tiny alpine strawberries that I'd planted amongst them. I spotted them yesterday before the slugs, birds or the dog and they were lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails