Friday 5 June 2009

Next Level Challenge 1, Copic Colour Challenge - OH! and My Mum's Birthday!

I thought I would try to 'kill three birds with one stone' here and as well as making a card for my Mum's birthday on Sunday I've entered it for two challenges as well. Rather pleased with myself for that! The Copics for the challenge were Yellow, Pink and a colour called Leather - a browny shade and I wouldn't have thought to use them together but I really like Leanne Ellis's stamp in these colours. The Next Level challenge - their first one - was to make a card with an aperture and also make and decorate it with a Lollipop Flower - never made one before and I'm happy with the way it turned out. The sentiments are Papertrey and the papers Stampin Up.

And here is Mum's very unglamorous birthday present - a peg bag and pegs! As I've said before, she doesn't need anything and doesn't want anything but her pegs have seen better days and she uses the little washing line outside the back door often. So I thought I'd get her some of these colourful pegs from the wonderful Lakeland store in Chester and they match the colour of the fabric I used for the bag. I made the pattern up myself from a photo I saw in a magazine. I hope she'll like it.

11 comments:

  1. Wow Ann Stunning card and fabulous gift for your mum , very gorgeoues
    love the colours you have used
    Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
    The Next Level.
    Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, lovely. The card is gorgeous and the colours are so muted and pretty. The peg bag..well I need a new one and should use this as inspiration!LOL

    Thank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.

    Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to work a card. Your Mum is going to love it! Soooo pretty! Thanks for joining us @ "The Next Level"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, this is a lovely card, love the colours you have used. This one of my favorite stamps.Thanks so much for joining this challenge. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh your card is gorgeous! :D That peg bag and pegs are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous and so is your peg bag - your mum's going to love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! And I love that peg bag.

    Thank you for joining us in the Copic Colour Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge this week

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute and classy card, I really love how you have coloured this image. Thanks for joining it with the Copic Colour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the coolest cards i've seen in a long time - I love everything - colours layout, stamps... it's fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails