Sunday 14 June 2009

2 Challenges - The Next Level & Copic Colour Challenge

Here's another double challenge card! The Next Level challenge is to use this ribbon technique created by Claire Brennan (a very talented lady). I haven't seen it before and really like the pretty frame effect. I'll be using it again. The Copic colours are Yellowish Beige, Pink and Blue Berry - I don't have the exact colours but I think these are a fairly good match. This is another vintage image from my Dover copyright-free books. I've added the Papertrey sentiment.

Isn't this crochet flower great. Its from a brilliant post on Nichole Heady's blog here. Honestly, I could spend the whole day on her blog. There's so much inspiration there from Nichole herself and all her wonderful design team.

I hope you like my card. I have to admit my style is much simpler than the current trend so it always looks like I haven't put so much work into my projects as other crafters. But I feel much happier with "less is more" - my excuse anyway :-).

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a pretty card Ann. The robbon and little flower make it so textural. Lovely.

    Thank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.

    Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!

    I love simpler cards, I just don't do them particularly well. :)

    Thank you for joining us in the Copic Colour Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ann - love the card and flower. Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge - Good Luck
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look who's talking Ann, this is gorgeous. I've been meaning to have a go at this one but have been so busy, guess I'll have to the make time now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less is more definately - I think it's actually more difficult to go this route but you have succeeded with this delightful card - love the flower too (been meaning to attempt it since I saw it on Nicole's blog!) Fingers crossed comment shows, 1st time I've managed to open your blog this week - yippeee!! Love Stephanie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails