Wednesday 20 June 2012

Vintage images for modern cards


I've been collecting vintage homecraft magazines for a long time now and recently discovered a new to me title, Good Needlework.  Published in the 1930s, the pages contain many illustrations suitable for use on greetings cards - especially cards for those who like the old fashioned or vintage style.  




I scanned these pretty cover images, manipulated and resized them, then printed and cut them out to fit on my cards.  Of course I had to add a little suitable stamping too. 


I've put some of the images on an A4 sheet so that anyone can use them -  they are long out of copyright.  Right click on the image and then click on 'open in a new tab'.  You can then enlarge and save the page to your computer and either print or use digitally.  If you have any problem downloading let me know and I can email you a PDF.  I'd love to see if anyone does make anything with them. 

6 comments:

  1. How clever of you Ann, the pictures are utterly adorable and I am in envy of your computer skills. I'm sure it's probably easy when you know how - but I don't!
    Kind regards, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these charming images! They are a treasure! I love what you've done with them~ especially the last, Happy Birthday set! The background of spoons and rolling pins is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty. Love how you have done matching tags to the cards. Very kind of you to share with us all too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those vintage images. The happy birthdaycard is my favorite. Could you make one for me? I am sure Thom's daughter will LOVE it, her birthday is the end of july....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use vintage images. I have a collection of some great ones for decor accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails