Saturday 18 July 2015

Another hexi week


Its been another week of small hexagon patchwork and I'm still really enjoying it.  Two more sewing kits and a lavender filled pincushion came together in the last few days. My next project might be even smaller as I won some lovely Liberty Tana Lawn 2 inch squares on ebay which are now waiting for attention.


And there have been a few notecards inspired by this card on Audrey's blog that really took my fancy.  I just had to order that brush stroke stamp set and inked it up as soon as it arrived.  I coloured (with Zig watercolour pens) the daisies from Friends till the End (Papertrey Ink) after stamping with Versamark Ink and white embossing powder - something I don't do very often as its rather a palaver and I never seem to get a perfect result. The daisies were die cut and glued over the stripey background.


And finally this week, I watched a family of swallows on the wires in the same spot on the farm where I took the first photo on 14th April this year - the first swallows I'd seen locally.  I like to think these are the same pair with their successfully fledged offspring - I'm sure they are!

2 comments:

  1. Love those hexagons
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your mini hexi work and new rubber stamping designs. I don't have time for much at the moment and would love to get back into my stamping again. How wonderful to have some Liberty fabric to work with. There's a demonstrator on Create and Craft who uses that to cover buttons (and charge a small fortune for!) The line of swallows and their possible offspring is delightful! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails