Saturday 4 July 2015

Stitching, Baking and Colouring

 

Thank you my lovely readers for your suggestions on fabric tray motifs (see my last post). I think I'm going to go with Anja's suggestion of a strawberry - not least because it should be quite easy to sew! I am still on the fabric tray kick and this week as a variation made this little patchwork coaster set I found in Rashida Coleman-Hale's lovely book I (HEART) Patchwork. Quite time consuming but a lovely gift idea - I'm going to give these to my sister for a house-warming gift as she is moving home (and country) soon.


This week I also tried Mary Berry's recipe for Mini Apple and Almond cakes - it looked so simple on her TV programme last month. I had to buy some baking rings though and stupidly bought the wrong size so though the recipe should make 6 cakes I only got 4. At this time of year there are no cooking apples from the garden so I bought a couple of whoppers from the supermarket - enough for about 20 cakes!!!


I didn't have any flaked almonds for the topping but found a bag of ratafias on the cupboard and crushed them over the tops instead. Yummy with Greek yoghurt or Creme Fraiche!


And it had to happen didn't it! I'm such a sucker for the latest craze in the papercrafting world and THE latest must haves are the Kuretake Clean Colour Pens. Yes, I've started a small collection. I toyed with the idea of getting them from Japan as they are cheaper over there of course but there is that long long wait for them to arrive.  However I ended up buying them from my favourite on-line pen store Cult Pens, which has a really good price with free postage if you spend over £10 - and they usually arrive the next day.


So I can build up a collection slowly by purchasing a few every couple of weeks or so.  There are plenty of reviews on line if you are curious to know what this craze is all about.  I recommend Jennifer Mcguire's blog posts and videos here  and apologise if you catch the craze watching them!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! One very talented lady
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love coming here Ann! The sewing, the cakes, the colouring - all so inspiring! I think those pens need to go on my wish/shopping list. You have produced some wonderful effects with them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makes as always. I am NOT following your link because I will be sucked in! Just got some Inktense pencils and need to use those first.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Glad to hear you are much stronger than me Lynn! I do feel a bit guilty when I've already got a bunch of copics! Thank goodness they are much cheaper. Now..... shall I google Inktense pencils......... ;o)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails