Friday 3 October 2014

Stitiching at Sugar Plum Tearoom


My friend and I treated ourselves to a lovely evening of creative stitching with the fabulously talented Vicky Trainor of The Linen Garden yesterday.  She held a workshop at our favourite Sugar Plum Tearoom at Homeward Bound.


What a lovely time we had cutting, stitching, chatting and enjoying tea and cake and we all created something beautiful. 


There's nothing like getting together with other like-minded crafters to give yourself a boost of creativity and I think we'll all be rifling through our fabric stashes today looking for bits and pieces to make another brooch that will of course be better than the first.


But just look at the beautiful creations we all took home!  A whole gardenful of prettiness!


I'm really looking forward to the next workshop - whenever that is - but in the meantime Vicky now has her own mini-shop within Homeward Bound to inspire and delight. 


And of course, even if you are not a stitcher or even a local, Sugar Plum is always worth a visit when in the area - afternoon tea there is to die for! :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a wonderful post! I am itching to try making brooches like those. I will have to figure out how it's done. Is vilene used on the back of the cut out fabric pieces? I would love to have someone crafty to share days like this. I notice lovely drinks on the boards such as one with Gin and one with Lime and Lemongrass! Such an inspirational place. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely they are. I have no idea how you made them but they are GREAT. And i forgot to thank you for the bunnies. I will make them for Easter becayse we will have our spring market just before easter next year'

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, those brooches are sooo pretty, they make me want to go and make one.
    Just found your blog through Simone. Like you I have tried oodles of different crafts but there's always another one somewhere to try.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brooches do look pretty. The shop looks very inviting too. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty... brooches and the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brooches are beautiful and the evening sounds absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails