Thursday 18 September 2014

Interiors and Waterfalls


Thank you all for your lovely comments and birthday wishes on my last post.  I thought you might like to see inside Tyn y Simdde.  The interior is simple, comfortable, functional and most of all as beautiful as the outside.  You can read about the history and restoration of the house on the owner's website here:   http://secludedsnowdoniacottage.wordpress.com/  - who knows, you might even want to stay there yourself! 


Downstairs is one large space divided by the beautiful wooden stairwell that my cat Titch enjoyed racing up and down in the evenings.  The kitchen has everything you need and the two large sofas in the living area are sooooooo comfortable.


Upstairs there are two lovely bedrooms (one double and two single beds) and a landing area with two rocking chairs for daydreaming and nature watching.  There's a tiny cosy bathroom with a very efficient shower cubical.





Absolutely all you need for simple living is there and who wouldn't dream of living in such a spot.  But of course if I lived there it wouldn't look like this - where would I put all my STUFF!  However there is an answer we found at another Under the Thatch cottage we stayed at in February.  The owner had a large shipping container in an unobtrusive spot nearby and we guessed it was full of all his STUFF. 


The sun didn't come out from behind the thin cloud cover on our last day and we stayed around the cottage but late afternoon we took a walk through the forest to the waterfalls on the Mawddach River nearby.

We will be back!  I'm plotting our next escape already!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, as beautiful on the inside as on the outside. I would love to live in a tiny cottage but like you I wouldn't have a place to store all my 'stuff'! I would definitely need to make use of a storage container or at least have outbuildings I could utilise! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails