Wednesday 9 July 2014

Pink Gooseberries


The soft fruit season is in full swing in gardens all over the country and I picked a small crop of gooseberries yesterday - I have only one small bush.  They looked so pretty in this vintage Pyrex Cinderella bowl.  The pattern is called Pink Gooseberry! 


I've been enarmoured with my new stamp set Bowl of Sunshine recently arrived from Papertrey Ink courtesy of my very good friend Yuki over there in The States (a million thanks once again Yuki!).  I just love the little bowl that looks like vintage Pyrex and thought I'd try to reproduce my gooseberries in ink.  However there's no gooseberry stamp in the set - do they even have them in North America?  I tried a bunch of grapes stamp instead, masking along the bowl's rim, and I think it does very nicely. 


I can't stop making cards with this set - its so cute.  Here's a few using the fruits that are in the set - apples, lemons and oranges.  I used vivid dye inks from the Adirondak Brights and Earthtones ranges on 3 inch square card blanks. 

3 comments:

  1. They are lovely Ann. I especially love the green one with the oranges in the last picture, the bowl is so vinatge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see that you have posted. I NEED those stamps!!! You have done a wonderful job with them. Lovely goosberries from the garden too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if they do have gooseberries in USA as friends visiting from there had heard of gooseberry jam as their granny was German but they couldn't find it over there. Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails