Wednesday 11 May 2011

Clematis Montana + NF Flowers #1

I was so sad to find that my gorgeous Clematis Montana had died during the winter. I had trained it into a dead pear tree and it was a delight to behold at this time of year - here it is photographed last year. I haven't cut it down yet as there is another clematis growing through it so its going to be a long and fiddly job. Happily I've another smaller Montana in the border and this was the first flower it opened a week or so ago. I took my photo as the sun was going down and love how the flower centre casts a shadow on the petals.

NF Macro has started a weekly meme (no I didn't know what it was either before I googled it!) of flower photos and as I love photographing my garden I'm going to join in. Here is my first offering - as a memory of my beautiful Montana. It will be interesting to see what is blooming around the world each week. Would you like to join in?

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thats a good way to use a ded three for the clematis to climb up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I would like to have clematis Montana in my garden too:)
    Jorunns Fotoglede

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear it died :(
    The picture of is so beautiful and delightful - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture of your clematis. So very sorry to hear it died. I hope the new one starting to come to life will give you much pleasure in the future as this Montana one did. Happy gardening to you. Thank you for sharing your garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Clematis is very beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you found a lovely Clematis to replace the one that died. We lost our cherry tree to the harsh winter, but my father gave us a peach tree to replace it with. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. this a wonderful clematis - my mom has one in her garden and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful flowers your clematis had! I do not know what a "meme" is, but I got registered to NF Macro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a shame your clematis died, your pics are fab,.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails